Friday, May 27, 2011

Project 365 ~ 147


BAD DOG!

I went out to let the chickens out of their coop this morning and only four chirped out. That's odd. Went back around and peered in, sure enough, only four in there. Two have gone missing.

I searched the yard, the neighbors yards, peeked over the fences, all in the pouring rain, and found nothing. Not even a pile of feathers as evidence of a raccoon attack. I gave up, folded my umbrella and went inside. I closed the slider and looked out at the back yard wondering, "Where did they go? What happened to them." That's when I noticed it. The potato patch was not piled in neat rows anymore. Oh no. Please no.

I grabbed the rake and started moving the dirt around a bit. Part of me hoping it was just my weird dog doing her thing of not being able to leave loose dirt alone and nosed it into a big pile. But just as that thought passed through my head I saw this: a crooked claw reaching from the ground. Like some kind of creepy pet cemetary zombie. I couldn't dig any further. I called Husband and told him he had a job when he got home. *shudder*

No comments:

Post a Comment