Thursday, March 3, 2011

Project 365 ~ 062

I'm not crazy. I'm not. I swear. But I DID have ten kids at my house this morning. Yes, TEN, and yes I was the only grown up. But in all honesty they are some of the greatest kids in the world, AND Phinneas and Ferb was on, as you can see by the glazed over look in all their eyes.


I'm not crazy about the capture. It really looks like just a snapshot to me. If anyone has any tips on how I could have gotten this image to come out looking more photographic than snapshot I'd love to hear your input. I know there is a lot of "stuff" in the background (I kind of thought about using it for my L2L about the 'big mess') so I took out the saturation and darkened it a bit, in hopes that it would bring out the children. I had a vision of them all running to the school through this ditch (always empty) that leads to the campus, and while it possibly would have happened if I just happened to bring my camera, I KNOW orchestrating 10 kids into the image in my minds eye was NOT going likely. I stuck with this solely on the basis of the blog being for the captured memories of each day this year, and let me tell you, this is a memory!

6 comments:

  1. You never said why you had 10 kids at your house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't really make a shot like this not look like a candid. It is great for what it is! !) kids...yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tracy! Candid shots of alot of kids are what they are. You got them all in focus which is not always easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a perfect shot of a moment in time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh 10...that's all :)

    Just when my best friend comes over with her kids, we have 13 kids under 11...soon to be 14...she's due any day

    And yes...tv does give them that daze...so thankful for that sometimes

    ReplyDelete